Thursday, February 9, 2012

Swanky Street.

Speaking of sports, I found out last week that I live on Jorge Posada's street!!!


"Jorge was drafted by the New York Yankees in 1991, where he began his professional career with the Oneonta Yankees, making his major league debut on September 4, 1995. In the year 2000, he became the starting catcher for the Yankees, a position that he has held ever since...He is a five time World Champion – 1996, 1998, 1999, 2000, and 2009. In 2003 he tied Yogi Berra’s record for most home runs by a Yankee catcher (30)" (his website, here).


He lives (well, one of his many homes, I'm sure) on 77th between First and Second Ave, literally one block away. I walk past The Seville, his apartment building, everyday. 


Unfortunately, his apartment is listed as being on the market for 11.5 million (any takers?) so I'm not sure how long Mr. Posada will be my neighbor. (Check it out!!! 4 bedroom, 5.5 bath).


I am sure, however, that there are more celebrities nearby. Jorge on 77th and David Duchovny on 78th can't be all!

No comments:

Post a Comment