Monday, October 29, 2012

Bear Mountain!

UPDATE: More pics from Amy's Camera!






(Hurricane Sandy is happening outside right now, but fortunately the Upper East is still fine, just rain and wind for now)

But on Saturday Amy, Lindsay, Erin, Bianca, Joseph and I went to Bear Mountain, which is a NY State Park on the western bank of the Hudson. We found out that you can take a Circle Line boat up the Hudson to the park, so we booked our cruise for this past Saturday, which was Oktoberfest.

It turned out to be really amazing - beautiful boat ride, gorgeous park, and tasty Oktoberfest treats! I'm planning on renting a cabin room or 2 next year for my bday weekend.

We had to be on the West side for an 8:30 am boarding!
Leaving the city.
Linds with the GW Bridge.
Arriving at Bear Mountain!
So gorgeous.
The Circle Line boat.
Train tracks.
Deer head statue on our walk up to the lake.
Amy and Erin.
Look at those steins! We got to keep the glasses.
Bratwurst and potato pancakes! So tasty!
View of Oktoberfest.
We scored a great picnic table by the lake!
So pretty!!

Great roomie pic!!
On the boat back to Manhattan.

We got back to Manhattan at 5:30. It was an amazing day trip and I can't wait to go back next year. Amy took some great pictures on her camera, I'll add some more when I get them!

No comments:

Post a Comment