Although he did pick me this up in Rite Aid about a week before...
We decided last minute (as in less than 12 hours before) that we would splurge and treat ourselves to a night at The Kimberly, a 4 star hotel with an enclosed rooftop bar.
On Fridays, I get to work at 7:30am to set up a video conference with London. I talked to my supervisor, and was luckily able to leave work at 4:30pm to balance out my day. I ran right home and packed an overnight bag!
Brian and I met at the hotel, which was absolutely beautiful. They had a huge salt water aquarium in the lobby, which Poppi would have loved. We spent our first half hour at the hotel in the lobby walking around the aquarium, spotting fish we had never seen before and watching several Nemo's in their sea anemones.
The rest of the lobby was beautiful as well, with antique furniture and crystal chandeliers. But the best part was our room! We lucked out and got the 19th floor (and a balcony!)
The room was HUGE. A bedroom, living room with a couch, desk, mini dining table, a marble bathroom with heated floors, a kitchenette, etc., etc., etc. Living the life!
Brian had bought baguettes and our favorite Swiss cheeses (Raclette and Holzhofer) to eat for dinner, along with a few amazing craft beers. We had our own private dinner with a view out the 19th floor. Way better than any restaurant!
After dinner, we headed upstairs to check out the rooftop, which obviously had amazing views. It was too cold to enjoy the outside part of the bar, but the inside portion was enclosed in a retractable glass wall, so we still got to enjoy the Chrysler building, among others.
Since we didn't get a great picture outside, I made Brian suffer though "selfies" taken in our beautiful bathroom. Haha



















No comments:
Post a Comment