Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Summer Kickoff

For the second year in a row, friends and I kicked off summer by going to the Belmont Races. This year it was especially crowded, as there was a chance that California Chrome would win the triple crown. Luckily, our friend Anthony came with us this year - he has a car. We got to skip the Long Island Railroad madness!

 I borrowed a hat from a coworker. Jewelry courtesy of Amy, from her new job!
 We parked off site from the racetrack and took a school bus right to the front entrance. Here's Brian, along with our friend Anthony in the back. When's the last time I rode a school bus?! I can't remember.
 Belmont!
 I naturally based my bets off of the horse names, and bet no more than $5 at a time...usually the minimum $2 bet. Needless to say, I did not make any money at the races!
Brian and I! We both dressed up for the occasion this year.

Wonderful time and definitely a yearly tradition.

No comments:

Post a Comment