The creative process.
We went to Walgreens to pick up some red paper and then headed to the fabric store across the street to get some animal print to make an outfit.
Linds' and I in our leopard and zebra outfits!
Along with the classic ty tags.
Liz painting Lindsay's zebra face.
Work of art!
In costume!
The completed outfits!
Ziggy the Zebra, Freckles the Leopard and Zip the Cat.
We even printed out our Beanie Baby poems!
I love this picture!
Liz and Dani were perfect as grunge 90's girls.
And the boys decided to go as Powerpuff 'Girls.'
Their costumes were ridiculous, wigs and all!
Walking to McGinley Center for the dance in 20 degree weather!
That's our dorm building behind us.
With Cody! He was from Legend of the Hidden Temple.
Group shot! The yearbook team was there taking photos; this one's definitely making it in.
Boys in the back, Lauren, Christine, Linds, myself, Court and Sean in the front.
Notice the boys in sheep costumes on the right - one was Dolly and another her clone.
At Senior Night! Eileen, Court, Liz, Brian and Dani.
With Katie, Christine and Lauren.
I had a great time, as I always do at Senior Night. Sadly, we only have one more to go. However, we just got all the details for Senior Week, which is the week right after finals and before graduation.
Tuesday, May 17th is the kick off to Senior Week, with a senior party under the bleachers. Not really sure what that entails, but I heard that they'll be giving away free stuff.
Wednesday is Senior Ball, which I am absolutely excited for! It's like high school prom, but better. Everyone dresses up in ball gowns and tuxes before hopping in limos to head downtown to the venue at Pier 60. Check out the website, they have great photos and 360 degree tours!
At the ball, dinner is served at 7:30 and the rest of the night is spent taking pictures outside with the skyline, as well as dancing inside in one of the ballrooms. Should be a lot of fun!
The following Friday is Parent Appreciation Dinner, but my friends and I have decided to skip the Fordham event. The dinner is $80 per person (great way to appreciate the parents, right?), is in a tent on the lawn (where it will be hot and stuffy, not to mention on the grass). Also, dinner is self serve buffet. There is an open bar and dancing, but like I said, the Loflen's don't really drink or dance.
SO, instead, I have decided to forgo the Fordham dinner and have created my own Parent Appreciation Dinner. I am making dinner reservations at Carmine's in the theater district. Bret and I ate there last year and thoroughly enjoyed it. Carmine's is a huge Italian restaurant that serves everything family style, which would be perfect for our Parent Appreciation Dinner. As of now, Liz, Courtney, Eileen and Lisa's family will be joining us also! The party size will be around 30.
We'll save about $55 per person and be dining with mostly everyone who we wanted to eat and talk with anyways (except for the Robinsons, who will be attending PAD).
The following morning will be graduation! Fordham still hasn't announced who our speaker will be; I'm crossing my fingers for someone interesting. The ceremony should run from 10 am to about 3 pm and they broadcast the entire thing online. I'll post the link later so you can watch it, Grandma and Grandpa!
Afterwords, I'm making a dinner reservation at Umberto's Clam House on Arthur Ave. It was the very first restaurant I ate as a Fordham student and I think it's fitting that it be my last.
Looking forward to Senior Week and graduation!
In the meantime, I've been busy studying for midterms, planning our itinerary for London and Scotland, as well as job-hunting! Cross your fingers for me!






No comments:
Post a Comment