Monday, March 5, 2012

Dinosaur BBQ

At first, I was not too enthusiastic when my friend Matt planned his birthday dinner at some spot I had never heard of all the way up in West Harlem.

However, I now couldn't be happier that he's opened my eyes to the amazing Dinosaur BBQ!

The restaurant is on 125th, pretty much a stone's throw from the Hudson. We could smell the BBQ joint about 2 blocks away. And did it smell good!

The place was huge - our waiter told us it used to be part of the West Harlem Meatpacking District back in the day.

At 7 PM on a Friday evening, the place was PACKED. You couldn't squeeze another body in there. All types of people, families, dates, parties, etc. This was definitely a good sign.

When we sat down and browsed the menu, I was shocked again. It was cheap!

Amy and I decided to split the "Sweetheart Deal," which included a full rack of ribs and 4 sides ($28). YUM.

Look how tasty!
Happy birthday, Matt!

Definitely coming back here! Especially in the summertime when we can eat on their patio overlooking the Hudson. 

No comments:

Post a Comment