It was my birthday last week! Thanks to all for the lovely birthday wishes, cards and gifts :)
Birthday packages!
Woke up to this gift from Amy...
...a gorgeous Marc Jacobs watch!
We're watch twins now - she has the same one, but with a dark face.
And my first flannel sheets for my new bed, from Jess!
I bought myself birthday lotto tickets...and lost.
At work, my coworkers surprised me with a beautiful and delicious birthday cake!
Along with a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure, which I can't wait to use.
I work with such nice people :)
After work, Brian came over to meet me and head out to dinner. Birthday roses!
I had been scouring the internet all week to find a restaurant in NYC that served fondue. Surprisingly, there aren't that many. I think it may be due to the fact that you need an open flame at the dinner table, which could be dangerous. Anyways, after I picked out what looked to be the best choice, I found out that my new boss and old boss had been there for the fondue and absolutely loved it. Turns out, I loved Artisanal as well!
We started with the Steak Tartare, which was amazing. It came with fresh bread and french fries. After that, we moved to the main course, Gouda and Stout Fondue with bread, kielbasa, and air-dried beef to dip.
YUM!
Needless to say, we devoured the whole thing.
But, when we got home, we weren't too full to finish off my birthday cake with Amy.
The next day was beautiful, with perfect fall weather.
My street.
Amy and I went to get our hair cut and nails done, as well as did some shopping before my birthday party.
Hair cut! Much shorter, but I like it.
I always tell the hairdresser to do whatever they want and have yet to be disappointed!
That evening, friends came over and we all headed out to one of my favorite bars in New York - The Ginger Man. I hadn't been there in ages and wanted to sit at the bar, have a good dinner and beer and feel old :)
Perfect!
YUM! New favorite, for sure.
I also splurged and bought an amazing beer - Nebraska Brewing Co. Black Betty Russian Imperial Stout.
Chad - I think you would love this one too!
"Black as night and every bit Imperial, this RIS was originally launched to tremendous accolades. Going further, this Stranahan’s Whiskey barrel aged version meshes the rich chocolates, the coffee-like aromatics with the sweet whiskey nose and drying character of the oak. Slightly behind on the palette are the hops – held in restraint by the wonderfully full mouthfeel and broad flavors brought on by the perfect blend of so many malted barley varieties. Ready to enjoy upon release and perfect for extended cellaring."
Awards:
Silver, 2009 U.S. Open Beer Competition, Imperial Stout;
Gold, 2010 US Open Beer Championship, Wood/Barrel-Aged Strong Beer
The next day, I went out and bought myself a little birthday gift at a local knick knack and fabric store. The owner of this place also has a gorgeous tabby cat who hangs out, who I petted for a good ten minutes. Happy birthday to me!
Little ceramic hedgehog nightlight!
I had the most perfect 25th birthday! Thanks to all!
No comments:
Post a Comment