Thursday, January 28, 2016

Snowpocolypse!

Winter storm/blizzard/snowpocolypse Jonas hit last weekend and it was amazing! Not everyone else seemed to feel that way...but I loved every minute of it!

Saturday morning I woke up to the beginnings of a blizzard. I had promised my friend Joe that I would help him move, so I trekked over to Astoria. Don't worry, he was only moving from the first floor to the fourth floor in the same building.

After a few hours in Astoria, my time was cut short due to train shutdowns. I had to leave by 4pm if I wanted to make it back to my island. I got off on 63rd Street and walked up Lexington to 95th Street. It was illegal for cars to be on the road, so Lex was ghostly quiet. By that time the snow had accumulated a good foot or so. New York City looks so good in white!

 Saturday morning snow IN my room. Apparently my windows aren't quite winter-proof when shut.
 There's a river out there somewhere.
 8am accumulation!
 Astoria.
 Back in Manhattan around 4:30pm.
 So beautiful!
 Walking up Lex. Not a soul in site (yet).
 Kids are out to play uptown! Everyone was headed towards the nearest hill - a lot of streets uptown have a pretty good incline and make for good sledding.
 That car isn't going anywhere.
 Car or snow pile?



 My apartment's drive way area.
Selfie waiting for the elevator. I picked up Nutella and instant coffee...life essentials.

Sunday morning I woke up early and felt like a kid on Christmas morning. My roommate Lauren and I headed out to go play in Central Park!

 3 snow plows on 5th Ave.
 What a perfect day.
 Jackie O reservoir.


 Partially frozen!


 Guess who made that...
 Getting ready for launch.
Yay!
 So many skiers and snowshoers out.
 Steps?
 Nowhere to sit.
 Lauren!
 We call this her wild Alaskan picture.
 Roomies.
So much snow!
 Running start.
 Trying...
Success!

After Lauren and I played in the snow, I came back with a certain someone to spend a few more hours having fun.
 The baseball fields.
 We did not build a snowman.
 Sunset over the park.
Found a snowboard! Or more like a skateboard with no wheels...
Favorite picture of the day. Just testing out my new winter gear :)

No comments:

Post a Comment