Jess prepping our cornish hen.
Look ma, I'm cooking!
DINNER.
Everything turned out quite delicious!
The rest of the weekend consisted of catching up on sleep (finally!) and wandering the city.
We crossed the East River to check out Brooklyn. Specifically, Grimaldi's Pizza. I was just there with Bret, and had to take Jess to experience the deliciousness.
We waited in line outside for an hour!
But it was well worth it.
From Grimaldi's we walked down to the water for some BK Bridge shots:
With our hot chocolate.
Photo courtesy of Jess' smartphone.
Dinner was at Honey, on 14th St between 7th and 8th Ave. We picked it for the fondue - Classic Swiss served with bread, carrots, broccoli and asparagus. I loved it!
After, we walked to Bryant Park, where they have the ice-skating rink set up and the Christmas Market in full swing. Bought some of those cannolis I'd been eying last week.
The tree (not lit up yet) behind the rink.
Over the break we also saw Wintuk! What an experience. I'd highly recommend it.
The closest thing to a Cirque du Soleil experience that I've had is seeing SeaWorld's Cirque de la Mer, which was pretty impressive. But, it was nothing in comparison to a real Cirque du Soleil performance.I love Madison Square Garden because I believe there isn't a bad seat in the house. Jess and I sat in the mezzanine, about three rows from the top. But look at our view:
And of course, the actors were amazing. You have to check out the acts, here.
At the end of the show the entire audience was caught in a 'snowstorm' and everyone walked out brushing the 'snowflakes' off their shoulders.
Christmas decorations in the city.
The Rockefeller Tree!
The Saks Fifth Avenue 'Snowflake and the Bubble' 3D lights projection.
Took this one for you, madre!
Time Warner Center decorations.
And of course we stopped by Serendipity...
for some Frrrrrozen Hot Chocolate!
Those Christmas decorations are ridiculous.
Central Park panorama
(with the ice skating rink and Hearst building)
In the park.
The weekend flew by and I bid Jess goodbye on Tuesday, after we had a farewell lunch at Pugsleys and dessert at Palumbo's. Thanks for flying out to spend Thanksgiving with me Jess!



No comments:
Post a Comment