Monday, January 24, 2011

8 Degrees!

Before I post about Hawaii, I decided that I needed to contrast its tropical temperatures with New York.

This morning when I headed out to work at 8:30 am, it was a mere 8 degrees outside. 8 degrees. And, according to weather.com, it felt like -3. What does -3 look like? Just like oh, 22 degrees looks like:

 Brrrrr.
 More brrrr.
Let's play 'can you spot the bench in the snow?'

However, 8 degrees doesn't really feel any different than 22. As long as I'm bundled, the only difference is that my face freezes faster. 

Over Christmas break I purchased an amazing puffy, green, knee-length jacket from Target, in Rancho San Diego. I don't know why any store in El Cajon would sell such a winter-weather coat, but I've been wearing it every day. 
Courtney and I with our puffs. 

Tonight is supposed to be a bit warmer, 17 degrees, with snow flurries. Flying San Diego -> New York and experiencing a 65 degree temperature change was a shock to the system, but I'm thoroughly loving the winter weather now!
Last day of Christmas Break in San Diego, 90 degrees. 

---

Tuesday morning update:


No comments:

Post a Comment