Unfortunately the weather wasn't too great; we had one too many days of rain.
Our pool almost overflowed!
The first week back was busy with Christmas parties and catching up with everyone.
Getting ready for dinner Christmas Eve. Chad's the happy helper.
Grandma and I in the setting the table.
Christmas decorations.
Bret, Chad, Jess and me.
Opening gifts on Christmas Eve.
Chad, Jess, Noel, Uncle Dean, Mom, Grandma and Grandpa.
Travis and Danielle.
Grandma and Grandpa with the grandkids!
Leah, me, Jess, Chad and Bret.
Christmas Day we had dinner at our house with the Loflen side of the family.
Mom making brasciole. Mmmmm!
Mom, me, Uncle Mike, Bret, Grandma and Grandpa Loflen, Aunt Diana and Matthew.
The next day we went over to Chad and Jessica's for dinner. Didn't take many pictures, but we did have fun hoola hooping outside!
After Christmas week festivities were over, my mom, grandparents and I headed down to one of my favorite San Diego spots, Anthony's Fish Grotto. On the way back to the car we passed the Star of India and noticed a Christmas tree way up in the sky:
My friend Emily's birthday was over Christmas break and she decided that she'd like to start her day with a hike at Iron Mountain!
Beautiful morning.
View from the top! You can see the ocean.
Our hiking group.
The pictures didn't turn out, but looking west we could see snow on the tops of the mountains. Snow and ocean in one view!
While home I also went to the San Diego Zoo with my mom, Bret, Grandma, Grandpa, Ruthie (my kindergarden teacher!) and her granddaughter Bella.
With Bella and Ruthie.
Turtle exhibit.
Bret and I on the cable car.
Giraffes.
Bret, Grandma, Grandpa and I in front of the flamingos.
After having fun in San Diego, my parents and I headed out Hawaii!

No comments:
Post a Comment