Thursday, July 21, 2011

Museum of Natural History!

Yesterday it was almost a 100 degrees in the city. I had an interview at 9 am, down on Wall Street (cross your fingers!) and was back uptown by 10:30. I didn't want to hide away in my room with the ac on all day, so I decided to go to the Museum of Natural History!

Chad and Jess had two free vouchers, which they passed along to me to use - thanks again! The vouchers included entry and admission to 4 special exhibits. I called another unemployed friend in the city, Brian, and we headed to the museum!

Unfortunately, we got there about 1:45 and just missed the last IMAX showing. However, we got tickets for the Frog Exhibit (featuring live frogs!), the Brain and a space show in the Hayden Planetarium called A Journey to the Stars

We started out with the Froggie Exhibit - it reminded me of Bret and all his iguanas, lizards and frogs.

 Camouflaged! 
 They look fake!
Ribbit. 
Didn't one of Bret's frogs resemble this fat guy?

They had dozens of frogs, from all over the world, including a poisonous frog that could kill up to 10 people! They dubbed him as 'the most dangerous animal in the world.' I am now full of random frog facts and am hoping a Jeopardy frog category comes up soon! Haha. 

After the frogs, we checked out the Brain exhibit, which was very cool. That was a walk through with several interactive areas, including ways to test your own brain power. 

After the Brain, we checked out the planetarium, which I was super excited for! The theater was huge and watching a show on the stars was awesome. It was narrated by Whoopi Goldberg. 

We also explored the other areas of the museum, in between our designated exhibit times.

Herd of elephants?

All in all, a great way to spend the day in the city. Since it was a Wednesday, the museum wasn't too crowded either. The Museum of Natural History might be one of my favorites in the city, especially after seeing the special exhibits there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment