Monday, October 4, 2010

Celeb Spottings, Senior Night, and Rainbows

What a bizarre assortment of things for last week!


First off, celeb sightings. On Wednesday at Good Housekeeping the producer sent myself and the other intern downtown to Chelsea to check out art galleries. The Rockefeller location fell through, so now we're looking at literally hundreds of art galleries all over the city. I found the Nancy Margolis Gallery, who is featuring an artist in November that would be perfect for our shoot. 


We also went into an absolutely beautiful exhibit at the Marlborough Gallery, called Chihuly 2010. I love it! I wish I could put them up in my room, or the apartment.


Anyways, before we went to Chelsea, we got on the subway at Columbus Circle. Once on the train, we discovered that we accidently took an express and therefore hurled right past our stop at 23rd St. We got off at the next stop, 14th St, and decided to just walk uptown. 


On our walk up we passed the Carlos Miele Store, which I've spent endless amounts of time looking at pictures of and researching as a possible filming location. It was cool to actually see it! 


This seems unrelated, but somehow everything always seems to tie together. So, I've thoroughly researched the Carlos Miele Store; I know everything about the architect, store interior, etc. Seemingly unrelated, I hardly watch tv, and I never watch Gossip Girl. However, for some reason last Monday I watched an episode. In the episode there was a scene shot in the Carlos Miele Store, which I immediately recognized!


Then, two days later on Wednesday, after passing the Carlos Miele store, just a few blocks later the other intern and I walked by two actors from Gossip Girl! The other intern is a rabid fan and immediately recognized them both. After we passed them, we stopped and watched them cross the street, and I definitely recognized one of them. 


We saw Chace Crawford and Jessica Szohr...you can check them out here! Bizarre. 


The rest of Wednesday ended uneventfully - we did walk all the way from 14th St to 57th though! It was great weather out and I love walking the city, especially since we got to stop at so many different galleries as we walked. 


Senior Night
Thursday night was Senior Night at Fordham. From now until graduation, Fordham throws a party once a month for seniors only. It's always in the Ramskellar, which is in the basement of McGinley Center. They clear out the tables and chairs, put out appetizers and drinks, play music, and let the seniors socialize from 9-1. Every senior night has a theme and this Thursday it was 'TV Characters.' Courtney and I decided to go as Pam and Jim from The Office! (I was Pam and Courtney was Jim, it was hilarious). 

Court and I!
With Vinny, who was Bob the Builder
 Lisa, as one of MTV's Teen Moms! And Eileen, as an actress from True Blood.
 Lindsay, as Dora the Explorer
 Dani, as Patti from the Millionaire Matchmaker
And Brian, as Mr. Rodgers!
Among the many other costumes from the night! Everything from Larry King to the Ninja Turtles! It was a great idea for the first Senior Night, and I can't wait for the next one. 

Rainbows
Friday it was raining cats and dogs all day. Unfortunately my rainboots ripped, so I've been without proper footwear. 
 Such a dark and gloomy walk back to the dorms (only sprinkling at this point). 
But, later Friday afternoon the clouds parted and we were surprised with a beautiful rainbow right over campus! This is from my living room window. So pretty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment