Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Midterms...Bits and Pieces

Sorry for the lack of posting - last week and this coming week are midterms, and I'm finding that I literally have zero free time. With interning 18-20 hours a week, working 12, and going to class 10 hours, that makes about a 40+ hour week, plus the time I spend in the library studying. Also, we've had guests come stay the night with us just about every weekend, which is fun, but kind of exhausting. Too busy! Can't wait for this Friday when I'm done with midterms!


Anyways, last week at GH TV I spent some time checking out and photographing a gorgeous jewelry store on the upper east side. Although it was beautiful, unfortunately we're not using it for our shoot (it doesn't look modern enough). Look how beautiful:
 The third floor. The entire wall is glass on the far side; it looks out on the city. Check out those feathers on the ceiling! On the wall! As decoration!
 It's the wedding room - brides come here to sit and choose what jewelry they're going to wear on their big day. I'll be coming here, right after I pick up my dress at Kleinfeld's!
White satin walls. Wish you could see the jewelry displayed in that case - stunning.


Through researching filming locations I've come to find out about a lot of cool architecture around NYC, such as New Amsterdam Plein & Pavilion:



Bits and Pieces:

Random, but this tends to happen to Courtney and I a lot:
Accidental Outfit Coordination. 
We ran into each other late afternoon on campus, and I felt like I was looking in a mirror. People probably thought we coordinated on purpose.  


After a busy week, we had an even busier weekend. Courtney's brother (Kyle) and his girlfriend (Kelsey) came on Friday afternoon to spend the night. 

They left Saturday night, and on Sunday morning two of Courtney's friends from home came to spend Sunday night with us. I was at the library all day Sunday while Court and friends spent time shopping in the city. In the evening I joined them in the city, where we had dinner at Otto's, a yummy pizzeria by Mario Bateli. 
 Courtney and June, in a taxi headed from Grand Central to the Village
 Jess and I
 Zipping past the Empire State Building - orange for fall/Halloween!
Court and I at Otto's

Monday was a holiday, but unfortunately I still had to go into GH. 
Crossing the Henry Hudson Bridge on the RamVan, around 8:15 am. 
Wednesday lunch in Central Park - beautiful fall day. The leaves are finally starting to change colors. 


This past Saturday us girls headed into the city for dinner at a delicious Thai restaurant called Canteen 82, on 83rd and Columbus. I ordered Pad Thai with chicken - so yummy!
Erin, me, Liz, Dani, Eileen, Erica, Courtney, and Lisa. 
Check out that table decoration! Two thumbs up for price, taste, and decor. 

Studying at my desk with the sun breaking through. 
Beautiful flowers that Courtney bought last week. 
 Flowers from a few weeks ago...
 More flowers! Courtesy of Liz.
And more! Plus some pumpkins. 
It's my goal this week to get the Halloween decorations up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment