Monday, September 6, 2010

Apartment Tour

Now that we've been in the apartment for a week, things have finally started to look put together. I'm still organizing my stuff, but overall, everything is in it's place. 


Our front door. My only complaint is that we don't have a doorbell this year!
What you see when you first come in. We've got our TV on the right and our table next to the window. We get great morning light through those two windows!


Another view of the living room. 


















The view out of the living room, looking towards the right. You can't tell because of the trees, but that path leads straight to the library. Work is literally 2 minutes away!







The kitchen! Kind of small...hardly any drawer space, and nowhere to put our silverware. But beautiful appliances! 


You can see all my coats hanging there by the door. 








The hallway. The bathroom is straight ahead. Courtney and I's room is the first door on the right, and Dani and Liz's is the last door on the right. 


















A peek into Courtney and I's bedroom! It's still in the works; we haven't put up posters yet. Courtney's desk is there on the left, and those are her drawers in the middle. 


















That's my desk right in front of the window...dream come true! I love the view. 


















Check it out! You can't tell in the picture, but right now there are people lounging in the grass down there, playing frisbee, and there's always students walking back and forth with their bookbags...it's almost sickeningly a picture perfect college scene. But I love it!














My desk nook. When I'm sitting at my desk with my feet on the floor, every once in a while I can feel the floor rumbling. It's the Metro North going by Fordham! The station is literally on the other side of our new dorm buildings. I can't hear it, but it's funny to be able to feel it. 










My armoire...I think I'm going to have a problem! Not enough space for all my clothes. 










The sinks, which are conveniently outside the bathroom. It gets a little hard sharing between four girls, so two sinks separate from the shower help out!







Our bathroom. Industrial toilet and all. Also, the light is a motion light...I noticed that ten minutes into a shower it automatically shuts off and I have to wave my arm outside the curtain to get it back on. 








Liz and Dani's room! They hid the moment I walked in with the camera haha. Very cute room though. 













So, that's my apartment tour! Sixth floor, two bedroom, one bath, living room and kitchen...this is the best that I'll probably ever be living in New York City!

No comments:

Post a Comment