BX: Bronx
NY : New York
Driving back on campus! So green.
The view out my living room window. Those are sophomore dorms on the left. It's out of sight, but on the right is the library. Literally a one minute walk away!
The living room!The sixth floor common lounge area.
This fall new dorm buildings opened on campus. They were built essentially for the seniors, and they turned out amazing. They are built apartment style, with each apartment housing either four or five people, with either one or two bathrooms. I'm living in a quad, which has a living room, kitchen, two bedrooms, and bathroom.
I'll be posting more pictures soon of my apartment, once it's fully decorated and organized. The new dorms are absolutely beautiful - air conditioning (helps when it's 90 degrees and humid out), brand new appliances, including a built in microwave and dishwasher, and decent sized rooms. Sharing a room with Courtney has been perfect, as it has been for the past two years. Liz and Dani share a room right next door to us, and I love living with them as well. We're on the sixth floor and all of our rooms in the apartment have beautiful views of the lawns, library, and adjacent dorms.
Today I used the washers and dryers, which are located on the first floor. They're great, fast and efficient!
We also have a cafe built into our dorm building. I haven't eaten there yet, but the food looks good. Plus, they serve Starbucks! I can also drop off dry cleaning in the lobby of my building, where it gets taken to be cleaned and then brought right back to the dorm for pick up.
My only complaint is that for some reason I barely get cell phone service in my apartment...I've been to other apartments in the building, even right across the hall, and I get full service. Not sure what it is, but I'll be calling T-mobile about it.
Anyways, hi from the Bronx, and I'll be posting more pictures and updates soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment