Monday, September 27, 2010

President's Ball and Homecoming!

This weekend was President's Ball and Homecoming!


President's Ball is a semi-formal school dance that is technically thrown by Father McShane (president of Fordham), for the students. It's free, but in actuality is probably included in tuition. Anyways, it's always been a lot of fun and it's really great because hundreds of students attend. This year they moved the location to a bigger venue on campus because last year there just wasn't enough room for everyone. I had to wait in line for at least a half hour to get in. 


The dance starts at 9 pm and goes until 1 am, but we didn't arrive until around 10. Prior to arriving, us girls got ready in our apartment together. 


Watching Lisa and Eileen getting ready!
Courtney and I
Courtney, me, Eileen, Liz, and Dani!
With Amy, my roommate from freshman year

The next day was homecoming, which is a huge event because hundreds of Fordham alumni return to campus for the festivities and football game. A few minutes after each metro north stopped at Fordham, I could look out our apartment window and see the alumni returning in droves, all headed to Eddie's. At 11 am Courtney and I headed there too, to meet up with her parents and enter into the homecoming tent. 
The tent!
The tent is only open to Fordham alumni and Fordham seniors who are 21+ (because they serve alcohol inside). So, this was the first year that I actually got to go in! Before we headed in, Courtney and I took our picture in front of the 'Little Ram Fun Park,' which is a play area set up for the alumni's kids. 

Anyways, the tent was awesome! Lots of chairs and tables, with a free buffet of delicious pasta salad, hamburgers, hot dogs, and pork. Mmmmm. Not to mention the dessert of cookies, apple cobbler, and ice cream. I had lunch with Courtney and her parents before they headed back to CT. From there I met up with some other friends and we watched the Fordham band and cheerleader performance inside the tent. Lots of energy, lots of happy alumni. 

Saturday was also a big day because Mario Gabelli, a Fordham alumni from '65, was being honored in a special ceremony. Prior this week he gave Fordham $25 million! (Maybe someday I'll be that successful, haha) Fordham is renaming our College of Business Administration (CBA) to Gabelli School of Business. 

Unfortunately only a select few were allowed into his special brunch ceremony, which was here:

After the homecoming tent, I headed over to the football game with my roommate, Dani. Fordham was playing Assumption, and unfortunately we lost. After our stellar quarterback John Skelton graduated last year, Fordham football isn't much to brag about. 

All-in-all, a very good weekend, quite busy as usual!

No comments:

Post a Comment