On Monday I woke up early for my last college registration ever. I nabbed all the classes that I wanted, and have created an amazing schedule full of something that I have literally nothing of this semester - free time!
I'm taking Spanish Language and Literature, which is taught entirely in Spanish. We read Spanish novels and articles and discuss them in class. I'm going to need a new battery for my translator after this class!
I'm taking a class called 'The Sixties,' which is "an examination of the political, cultural and economic changes that took place in the United States during the 1960s. Special attention will be given to the civil rights movement and the Vietnam War in shaping public discourse and in presenting Americans with important political and moral choices." It fulfills part of the Fordham Core Curriculum Requirement, and the teacher has rave reviews.
I'm also taking Digital Design For New Media, which is an "analysis and practice of visual design as applied to new, interactive media such as the World Wide Web, multimedia and hypertext, and as applied to traditional media - print, television and film - in an age of digital production. Classes are structured around readings, viewings and production assignments."
And finally, Writing for Online Media, which is "a study of the exploration of the theory and practice of electronic writing, nonlinear and multidimensional computer-based documents, and the linking and networking of text and other media."
This schedule leaves me Mondays and Thursdays free! Although I'm hoping to work at the library on one or both of those days.
Additionally, I was just accepted into the Fordham Alumni and Student Mentorship Program!
"The program pairs students with alumni who are willing to share their
professional expertise and advice on making the most of the college
experience. Students participating in this program gain insight and
understanding from an insider's perspective through job shadowing,
company visits, one-on-one interaction with mentors, and special
networking receptions."
I meet with my mentor this Thursday for a dinner and networking event from 7-9 pm at Lincoln Center.
And tomorrow morning I'm headed into the city at 6:30 am (after getting out of work tonight at midnight...sleep is nonexistent these days). Good Housekeeping is filming downtown at a clock tower in Cooper Union. Should be an interesting, but long day!


No comments:
Post a Comment