Sunday, November 14, 2010

GH Shots and Brazilian Food

Good Housekeeping
Last week at GH TV we spent a lot of time up in the Good Housekeeping Research Institute; it has quite the view of Central Park from the north side of the 29th floor.
 The Seal. Love those floor to ceiling glass walls.
You can see the Trump Globe down in Columbus Circle. 
Central Park changing colors. 


Just this morning I realized that I had never checked to see if the footage of me being filmed drinking a Fuze had ever made it online; it has! Check out the video here, or watch it below (I'm about 45 seconds in):







Fordham
Last Thursday Fordham hosted the renowned Opus Awards on campus! The Opus Prize is a $1 million "annual faith-based humanitarian award, recognizes unsung heroes who, guided by faith and entrepreneurial spirit, are conquering the world's most persistent social problems." Fordham was chosen to host the awards ceremony, and all students were invited to attend. Unfortunately, I was unable to go because I had my Alumni Mentor Meet and Greet at Lincoln Center that evening. 


Brazilian Food!
After an exhausting week of filming, class, work, and extracurricular events, it was nice to unwind Friday evening with dinner in the city for Lisa's 22nd birthday. 

We went to an absolutely delicious Brazilian place called Ipanema Restaurant, located in Little Brazil downtown. I've probably walked through Little Brazil about 5 times in the past couple of days because GH TV drops off all of our tapes at a company on 46th between 6th and 7th, called Teatown Communications Group. I've been looking at all the Brazilian restaurants along those two avenues and was excited to finally try one out. 

The interior was great - the restaurant was long and narrow, but not too cramped. The walls were painted with jungle scenes and there were even a few fake stuffed parrots perched along the walls. 
 Eileen and I with a cat!
Birthday girl!

The menu was full of delicious sounding appetizers and entrées. I decided on the Casquinha de Siri (crab meat sauté, topped with cheese), along with a side of banana frita (sweet fried bananas). Mmmmmm!
 Eileen and Olivia split the Peixe Nantua
(Monkfish, Shrimp and Mushrooms in a special Bahian sauce), which I taste tasted...so good!
The group: Dani, Olivia, Emily, Sam, Joe, Lisa, Eileen, and I.
You can see my banana frita and Casquinha de Siri, which were superb!

This was my first time having Brazilian food and I can now say that I love it. I'm definitely eager to go back to Little Brazil and try out some new places! 

After dinner we headed to a local bar to hang out for a bit before catching the Metro North back to Fordham. 
Dani, me, Court, Lisa and Eileen

No comments:

Post a Comment