Coming back to Campbell one morning, I was surprised to come in close contact with the geese!
I noticed that a few of them had yellow bands around their necks -
tracking?
Valentine's Day
For Valentine's Day, Liz and I made cupcakes for our friends.
All of our cupcakes and Valentine's Day goodies!
YUM!
Also, Dani's mom sent her a wand! She pretended to be
Harry Potter for the evening.
Scenic
Bronx sunrise.
Bronx sunset.
Gym on a Saturday morning - all alone!
Music
Last Thursday evening Court and I headed downtown to meet up with our friend Reg
for a concert at the Mercury Lounge, which is just past Katz Deli in the Lower East. I had never been to the Mercury Lounge before and really enjoyed it!
Asobi Seksu.
I had never heard of the band either, but Reg had extra tickets and I always love live music!
They turned out to be really good.
I had never heard of the band either, but Reg had extra tickets and I always love live music!
They turned out to be really good.
The following Saturday night Liz's uncle had invited her and two friends to come to a concert downtown - Lindsay and I accompanied Liz. We met up with her uncle, aunt and some family friends before the concert and were introduced to the drummer of the band! Apparently he's a cousin of one of Liz's uncles.
The show was at Irving Plaza, which is just east of Union Square. It was a huge venue, much larger than the Mercury Lounge. Also, we had VIP tickets, which were great! We bypassed the black ropes and got to sit in the VIP section on the second floor, with a perfect view of the band.
Big Head Todd and the Monsters.
Once again, I had never heard of the band prior to seeing them live, but I thoroughly enjoyed them. My favorite song they did is called 'Bittersweet' :
Weather
Last Friday it got to be 60 degrees. Most of the snow melted and there were students playing football and tossing frisbees on Eddie's in shorts and without coats. A bit too cold for that for me, but it was nice to feel like spring was in the air. Lindsay and I spent a couple hours sitting outside in the sun, warming up.
However, on Sunday it snowed again! The temperature dropped about 30 degrees overnight and we now have half a foot of snow on the ground again.
These drastic temperature changes tend to make me sick, and I definitely felt a cold coming on. Everyone in my apartment has been sick so far but me. Liz came down with a painful, week long fever and cough. Courtney has been on medicine for weeks fighting a cold. Dani has managed to stay away from anything too serious, but still has a bit of a cough.
I've been eating oranges everyday and after the snowfall I went and bought a liter of OJ. I've been drinking OJ and eating oranges everyday in hopes of fighting off a potential cold. Hopefully the weather warms up soon.






No comments:
Post a Comment