Tuesday, February 8, 2011

MCAT Celebration! And Harry Potter.

Last Friday, after months and months of studying, Lindsay took her MCAT. This weekend we celebrated with dinner in the city on Friday and an official group celebration in the city on Saturday!

Courtney, Lindsay and I in our puffs!
Dinner at Brother Jimmy's Barbeque. 
Saturday night!
Lindsay, her sister Courtney, Eileen, myself and Kate.
Dave, Barrett, Cody, me, Lindsay and Courtney
Cody and I.
Lisa and Dani.
 Sara, Molly, Chelsea, Kate, Linds, me and Courtney.
Fordham friends! Lindsay had a great turnout. 
Courtney, Lauren, Eileen, Liz, Dani, Vinny, Kate, Barrett and Christine. 
Perfect picture: MCAT! 

Congrats Linds! Was a fun Saturday night out with lots of Fordham friends in the city.

Harry Potter!

On another note, Fordham hosted the president, founder and CEO of the number one Harry Potter fan site in the entire world, MuggleNet. Emerson Spartz created the site in 1999 when he was only 11 years old. The site exploded and is still going strong, even though the book series is over. Emerson has also written two books and created a handful of other websites.

It was great to hear him speak about the creation of MuggleNet and all of the amazing experiences he's had because of it, from meeting JK Rowling to being flown, courtesy of Warner Bros, to the sets of the movies. At only 24 (and a recent graduate of Notre Dame), he proved to be an amazing speaker, rightly confident in all of his Harry Potter nerdiness.

I thought it was great that Fordham was able to host him as a guest speaker. Next week we've got Robert F. Kennedy, Jr coming to speak. Unfortunately, I have night class so I won't be able to attend. We also have the former White House Chief Photographer, Robert McNeely coming in a week.

And this Thursday is our next Senior Night, the theme being "100 Nights til Graduation." Should be another fun one! 

No comments:

Post a Comment